Monday, June 1, 2009

I have been finding a lot of bugs this spring. I found this zebra jumping spider in Mamas lupine.
This bug was also on the lupines leaves it has turquoise top wings with a deep purple wing underneath. I cannot find this bug in my books, anyone know what it is??
In the fall I found two cocoons that I wintered over in the garage. I was excited to see that they both emerged from their cocoons, they are Virginian tiger moths.

2 comments:

~Jordan Family said...

Wow Samuel, those are some awesome bugs! I wish I knew the name of that colorful one you found, it is beautiful! Thanks for sharing them and good finds! Happy Bug Finding!

Love,
Mrs. Jordan

Mom/Grandma said...

Oh, Samuel great find! I don't know what kind of bug you found but it sure is beautiful! Maybe, you should send a photo of it to the UW, they love to keep up on what is in our gardens. Even the jumping spider is pretty but if it jumped at me it wouldn't be so pretty! LOL. Love, Grandma