I have not blogged in a while, so I am going to get started again...
Taking A Stand-
One hard thing is going against the flow. When your friends may choose a different path it is important (and difficult) to stick with what you believe and not be swayed by the crowd. One phrase in Do Hard Things is "What defines you??" that is a very important question. For example.... you can say you are a Christian all you want, but you are defined by your actions. Meaning, if you just go along with the flow of the world no one will know you are a Christian, you will look like the world. Although in the moment it may seem hard, you will not regret taking a stand, on the right things, Biblical things, in the long run.
An example used a couple weeks ago at youth group was "where ever you are, you are TrueLife" so if you are even out shopping, at school etc. you are reflecting TrueLife. The same is true with Christianity, where ever you are, you represent what it means to be a Christian, a Christ follower. So if you are not acting like a Christian, you will not be a good example of one and you could even turn someone away from Christianity by your choices.
Also, along the lines of doing hard things, I will be singing and playing guitar, along with being on my youth groups worship team for Fine Arts this year!! For my solo I will be singing The Redeemer by Sanctus Real...this would have seemed impossible for me a couple years ago, but I am trying to live out what Do Hard Things is about.
Next Chapter.....Generation Rising
1 comment:
You are wise beyond your years, Samuel. Most people never learn these life lessons I think that is why we have so many problems in the world today. We are so proud of the man you are becoming. Keep up the good work and I know that as long as you listen to God and follow Him no man will come between you. Love You Much.
Post a Comment